LCSW, LISAC, CSAT-S, CMAT-S.
Therapy ~ EMDR ~ Consulting
RESPECTS your right to choose recovery.
- BELIEVES you want to improve your life.
- PROVIDES you with tangible methods to help you achieve realistic goals.
- SUPPORTS you with encouragement and carefrontation.
Professional and Education
- Past Board Member of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH), the only organization dedicated specifically to helping those who suffer from out of control sexual behavior since 1987 [formerly known as The National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity - NCSAC, and started by Dr. Patrick Carnes].
- Fully Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist [CSAT #2002C-285] and Supervisor/Consultant, and Multiple Addictions Therapist, having completed Dr. Patrick Carnes' unique training program through the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP).
- EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing).
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker [#11769].
- Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor [#11605].
- NAADAC, The Association for Addiction Professionals [#87516].
- NASW, the National Association of Social Workers [#886273796].
- Clinical Social Work and Psychotherapy Organization of Phoenix.
- Master of science (MSSW) degree in Clinical Social Work.
Author, Speaker, Publications, Lectures and Workshops include topics related to: shame, self-esteem and codependency; chemical dependence and biochemicals; post traumatic stress and neurotransmitters; addiction and addiction interaction; sexual compulsivity and cybersex; sexual aversion, celibacy and healthy sexuality; fantasy, arousal templates and intimacy; and the impact of cognitive distortions and dependency/codependency on interpersonal relationships.
- Tasks Letter Writing Technology Panelist / Speaker - Clinical Skills session. The 5th Annual International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP) Symposium. March 6, 2010. Carefree, AZ.
- Women's Summit 2010 participant in the writing of a clinical book on women sex, love and relationship addicts. March 18-20, 2010. Argyle, TX.
- Women's Summit 2009 participant in beginning the process of research and drafting a treatment manual for women sex, love and relationship addicts. September 23, 2009. San Diego, CA.
- Invited guest to the Women's Summit 2008 to explore and address specific treatment issues related to women sex addicts. March 27-30, 2008. Santa Fe, NM.
- Eroticized Rage and the Arousal Template. Patrick Carnes' Anatomy of Arousal and Bargains with Chaos Tour. April 12-13, 2007. Phoenix, AZ.
- The Arousal Template. International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals Symposium: Taking Multiple Addictions to Task. February 22-24, 2007. The Hilton Phoenix/East. Mesa, AZ.
- Recovery Start Kit: The First 130 Days, by Patrick Carnes, Ph.D. CSAT Instructor's Manual. 2007. Gentle Path Press. Carefree, AZ.
- Deconstructing the Arousal Template: Using the Arousal Template and Quadrant Formats to Evaluate Degree of Sexual Dysfunction.
Sierra Tuscon Professional Networking Luncheon Series. November 8, 2006. The Pointe Resort. Scottsdale, AZ.
- Sexual Behaviors: A Continuum. Clinical Social Work and Psychotherapy Organization. Professional Networking and Continuing Education. September, 2006. Phoenix, AZ.
- Sex Addiction: Overview and Assessment. Training to Employee Assistance Professionals Preferred organization. May 16, 2006. Phoenix, AZ.
- Sex Addiction Dynamics. Employee Assistance Professional Association. November 7, 2005. Doubletree Resort. Phoenix, AZ.
- Chemical Dependency Group: for addicts and their codependent families. Spring 2005. Ongoing volunteer group facilitator. Franciscan Renewal Center. Scottsdale, AZ.
- Change: Opportunity, Grief and Choice. Keynote Speaker for the Ninth KeyStone ECU Annual Alumni Weekend. Philadelphia Airport Resaissance Hotel. November 6, 2004. Philadelphia, PA.
- Creating a Healthy Sex Plan. The Meadows Free Lecture Series. Chaparral Christian Church. October 25, 2004. Scottsdale, AZ.
- Healthy SEXuality: Acceptance vs. Rejection. The Meadows Alumni Retreat. Franciscian Renewal Center. May 1, 2004. Scottsdale, AZ.
- The Two Faces: Sexual Addiction & Sexual Anorexia. SAA-Arizona Annual Intergroup Conference. January 2004. Phoenix, AZ.
- Intimacy and Healthy Sexuality: Everything you always wanted to know and were afraid to ask. The Meadows Free Lecture Series. Chaparral Christian Church. July 28, 2003. Scottsdale, AZ.
- Use of Object Relations and Self-Psychology as Treatment for Sex Addiction with a Female Borderline Patient. Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity, 1 January 2002, vol. 9, iss. 4, pp. 249-262(14). Brunner-Routledge, part of the Taylor & Francis Group.
- Private Practice since 2004, specializing in sexually compulsive and avoidance issues, intimacy/couple communication, and healthy sexuality. Treating trauma, substance abuse/dependence, psychiatric disorders, and coping with life's curveballs.
- Primary Counselor for over three years at an in-patient treatment facility that specializes in dual diagnoses, (substance and process abuse/dependence, codependency, and psychiatric disorders).
- work with individuals, couples, families and groups in the area of Sexual Disorders assisting clients to actively address psychosocial issues around chemical use, money, work, and sexual behaviors.
- known and continue to work with Patrick J. Carnes, Ph.D., the most widely respected pioneer in sexual addiction, for over 10 years.
- uses various psychotherapy models to address your needs and to formulate assessments, evaluations, appraisals, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Facilitating adoption services for birth parent(s) and adoptive parent(s) to ensure that infants and children are given the best possible family, health, education and life opportunities through AdoptHelp.
- Providing behavioral health field evaluations and assessments to the elderly in their homes as part of an outreach program for HealthNet through Windstone Behavioral Health.
- The Meadows, Wickenburg, Arizona. Primary Counselor. As a member of a multi-modal treatment team, provided assessment, treatment planning, psychotherapy, education, discharge and follow-up related to patients' and family members' myriad addictions, psychiatric and dual diagnoses, and interpersonal concerns. Led disclosures, conducted topic groups, and facilitated individual/group/couples/family sessions using family systems theories in conjunction with 12-Step model. Participated in workshops and educational services by Pia Mellody, Claudia Black, Terry Real, John Bradshaw, and Peter Levine.
- Cherokee Health Systems, Knoxville, Tennessee. Member of an interdisciplinary mental health team whose primary objective was to help clients maintain psychiatric wellness. Responsible for completing psychosocial assessments and diagnoses, establishing treatment goals, providing psychoeducation and psychotherapy to individuals, families and a women's support group. Developed follow-up treatment plans with clients and referring to other professionals as necessary.
- Thompson Cancer Survival Center, Knoxville, Tennessee. Collaborated with multidisciplinary medical professionals in order to provide comprehensive care to cancer patients and their families. Responsible for providing friendly and supportive assistance in the areas of psychotherapeutic and grief counseling, as well as advocate and broker for consumers' biopsychosocial needs.
- Community Partnership Center, Knoxville, Tennessee. Focused on grant-writing, public relations, community requests for assistance clearinghouse follow-up, and Participatory Research and Evaluation workshop design. Developed comprehensive site relocation prospectus for Knoxville's $1,000,000 Empowerment Zone project, Center for Neighborhood Development. Created History portfolio and web site for the Minority Applicant Pool System.
4202 N. 32nd. St., | Suite J.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Serving: Phoenix, Scottsdale, Cave Creek, Tempe, Glendale, Surprise, Goodyear, Chandler
In the case of a LIFE-THREATENING
emergency ALWAYS call 911 first.
Disclaimer: Any and all website information is not intended to replace professional consultation. Information listed is intended only to provide information and as a courtesy for informational and educational purposes. The Practice of counseling means the direct application of professional counseling techniques, which includes the use of psychotherapy for the purpose of diagnosis, evaluation and treatment in individuals, couples, families and groups. Listings at this site do not necessarily constitute promotion. If you would like to be considered for inclusion,please send an email to SANE Resources Web Administrators would appreciate your letting them know if you find any incorrect / outdated information listed on this page! THANKS.
Copyright (c) 1994-2019 Anna Valenti-Anderson. All Rights Reserved.